Of Markets and Paris

12/10/2013 04:50:00 pm



Ich liebe Märkte. Egal, ob es sich um einen Obst- und Gemüsemarkt handelt, um einen Stoffmarkt, Weihnachtsmarkt oder (und vor allem!) Markt für Handgemachtes. Gern gehe ich auf den Markt am Maybachufer in Berlin, um wochentags Obst, Gemüse und Stoff zu kaufen und am Wochenende auch Handgemachtes. Was ich auch mag, sind Wochenendtrips. Ohne Urlaubstage nehmen zu müssen, kann man aus der gewohnten Umgebung verschwinden und eine schöne Zeit woanders verbringen. Ich sollte die beiden Sachen wirklich öfter verbinden! Schon während unserer Zeit in London sind Aidan und ich leidenschaftlich gern auf Märkte gegangen, und es wurde ein richtig schönes Sonntagsritual, den Blackheath Farmers' Market zu besuchen.

I love markets. No matter whether it is a fruit and vegetable market, a fabric market, Christmas market or (most of all!) market for handmade stuff. I like visiting the market at the Maybach riverside here in Berlin to get fruit, veg and fabric during the week and handmade goodies at the weekend. What I also like are weekend trips. Without having to take days off work, you can leave your daily surroundings and spend some nice time somewhere else. I really should combine these two things more often! During our time in London, Aidan and I used to love going to markets together and it became a nice Sunday ritual to visit the Blackheath Farmers' Market.



Paris zum Beispiel hat über 90 Märkte (!), die allein bestimmt schon eine Reise wert sind. Gern würde ich mal den bekannten Flohmarkt Les Puces de Saint-Ouen besuchen, der neben Kleidung auch Antiquitäten zu bieten hat. Nach all dem Wühlen und Entdecken geht's dann abends zurück, nicht ins Hotel, sondern in eine Ferienwohnung - ist doch viel gemütlicher und persönlicher! Da gibt es ja viele Portale, zum Beispiel auch HouseTrip. Vor vielen Jahren habe ich schon einmal eine Woche in Paris verbracht, kann mich aber daran kaum erinnern - warum also nicht mal wieder hin und über www.housetrip.de eine Ferienwohnung buchen in Paris?

Paris, for example, has over 90 (!) markets that I'm sure are already worth a visit. I would really like to visit the famous flea market Les Puces de Saint-Ouen which has to offer everything from clothes up to antiques. After all this browsing and discovering, you need a good night's sleep, but not in a hotel but in a rented apartment - it's so much cosier and more personal! There are so many websites out there for finding one, and one is HouseTrip, for example. Many years ago, I've already spent a week in Paris but can hardly remember anything - so why not go there again and book a rental in Paris via www.housetrip.com?



Wo geht ihr denn am liebsten einkaufen und wenn ihr die freie Wahl hättet, in welcher Stadt würdet ihr dies tun?

Where do you like to go shopping and if you had the free choice, in which city would you like to do that?

-Kati

*Vielen Dank an HouseTrip für die Kooperation! // Many thanks to HouseTrip for the cooperation!*

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. I agree flea market are fun I enjoy the produce one you get to know farmers and people who has passion for what what they selling
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. märkte sind was schönes und paris (als touri) sowieso.
    allerdings finde ich st ouen wirklich überbewertet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love markets too. I finally got around to checking out Portobello market this Summer. There's also a really lovely German-themed market in Southbank in London at the moment. It's all about the food, getting mulled wine from the stall and wandering around the brightly lit stalls in the evening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paris is on my list for next year! Can't wait to visit the markets. Great post!
    www.stylebyprice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too absolutely love flea markets!!! Love browsing them for some great deals..!!
    My Christmas giveaway
    Neha
    Let's talk about everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am Kotti gehe ich überhaupt sehr gerne einkaufen. Da sind auch so nette kleine Boutiquen... Den Markt am Maybachufer finde ich ebf große Klasse. Wenn er nur nicht immer so überlaufen wäre. Ein ähnlich toller Markt ist am Winterfeldplatz - eine Menge der gleichen Verkäufer.
    Danke für deinen cmt.: Zum Weihnachtsmarkt wirst du es bestimmt noch schaffen. Da hast du ja noch etwas Zeit. ;)
    Ich sende dir liebe Grüße zum Dienstag, Wieczora (◔‿◔) | Mein Fotoblog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel the same about markets, they are so so much
    fun to look and to stroll at c; looks like you are having
    a lot of fun! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. flea markets are the best! you can always find such great stuff :D

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i like markets too....
    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. So are you going to Paris anytime soon? :D I want to as well!

    Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

     
    Facebook / Instagram /Twitter / Chicisimo

     - Hannah's Heels

    ReplyDelete
  11. cool!! I'm very addicted to markets all around the world too:)

    Patchwork à Porter
    Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love any kind of market but I would love to visit the markets in paris.

    Vintagehoneybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. AH, I would love to go to the markets!

    http://www.ourlifeisbeautiful.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love markets too. Any type because you may find the coolest random things ever and just the vibe and originality of it all makes me happy.

    Thanks a lot for stopping by :)

    http://www.thefashionstirfry,com

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmm, I love markets too. and Paris. at the moment, I'm all about Asia tho. I guess Vietnam & Cambodian are highest on my list. and I would undoubtedly go to the food markets :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love markets also! You can find such cool things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I usually stay away from the local flea market. Most of the tables just have junk. The produce is usually sub-par.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love markets too, there are so many great treasures to be found there! Wonderful images. Thanks for participating in my last post sweety, it was great to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ich gehe am liebsten in Tokio einkaufen! Dort gibt es wirklich alles. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool markets! They are my fav place to shop. xx ps- let me know if you would like to follow each other! xxx haemeandrobecca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Blackheath market is lovely! I need to go there soon, I went all the time whilst I lived in Peckham. I love all markets like you! XX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Insta-Love